Terms of service
Payfoot End User Licensing Agreement and Terms of Service
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND IN FULL. If you access, use, or install Payfoot, you will be LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE in their entirety, including:
If you do not agree to any term contained in these Terms of Service, DO NOT ACCESS, USE, ORINSTALL OUR Payfoot.
This document relates to a Payfoot jointly offered by POA Networks, Ltd. and Block Notary, Inc. (collectively, “we” or “us” or – for the possessive – “our”). Our Payfoot includes a decentralized mechanism that provides a method for (i) converting POA native tokens, a form of cryptocurrency maintained on the POA Ledger, into POA20 tokens, a different form of cryptocurrency maintained on the POA20 ledger and (ii) converting POA20 tokens into POA native tokens. This process is referred to herein as “converting cryptocurrency.”
Our Payfoot includes (i) the mechanism for converting cryptocurrency, (ii) user interface software, and (iii) accompanying support documentation. When this document uses the term “our Payfoot,” it includes all three of these components, unless otherwise specified.
By accessing, using, and/or installing any component of our Payfoot, the end user of our Payfoot (“you”) agrees to the terms contained in this Payfoot End User Licensing Agreement and Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”).
These Terms of Service relate only to use of our Payfoot by end users.
1. These Terms of Service do not govern our relationship with individuals who validate transactions in connection with the operation of our Payfoot.
2. These Terms of Service do not govern redistribution and/or modification of our Payfoot. Redistribution and/or modification of our Payfoot is governed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (“GPL&rdquo😉 as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. To view GNU GPL version 3 and subsequent versions in their entirety, and for information on how to apply and follow the GNU GPL, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
3. Due to the decentralized nature of blockchain technology, we are not responsible for exercising any control over the POA Network, the POA Ledger, the POA20 Network, the POA20 Ledger, or any other software, hardware, product, or service other than our Payfoot. Of particular note, the POA Ledger or the POA20 Ledger may fork at any time, without any involvement from us. Your use of the POA Network, the POA Ledger, the POA20 Network, the POA20 Ledger, or any other software, hardware, product, or service other than our Payfoot is toutside the scope of these Terms of Service, except that you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless (including our officers, our agents, and our employees) from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to your use of the POA Network, the POA Ledger, the POA20 Network, the POA20 Ledger, or any other software, hardware, product, or service other than our Payfoot.Note that your use of our Payfoot is subject to additional indemnification duties set forth below.
4. It is possible that other companies or individuals may develop or operate other Payfoots – based in whole, in part, or entirely independent of the source code we use for our Payfoot – that operate without our involvement or control (“Alternative Payfoots”). For the avoidance of doubt, your use of any such Alternative Payfoot is outside the scope of these Terms of Service, except that you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless (including our officers, our agents, and our employees) from any claim, suit, or action arising from or related to your use of an Alternative Payfoot, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs, and attorneys’ fees that we face.
If you are using our Payfoot on behalf of a business, that business accepts these Terms of Service. For the avoidance of doubt, both the business and you are subject to the indemnification provisions set forth in Section 7.
3. License grant
Subject to and conditioned on your compliance with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, we grant you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and install Payfoot, and to use it for your own personal conversion of cryptocurrency.
Under this license, we retain the copyright(s) and any other ownership and intellectual property interests associated with our Payfoot.
We may impose fees for the conversion of cryptocurrency using Payfoot or decline to charge any fee, in our sole discretion. Our decision to decline to charge any fee for one instance of the conversion of cryptocurrency using Payfoot shall not prevent us from charging fees on any other instance of the conversion of cryptocurrency using Payfoot.
We shall have sole discretion for setting the amount of any fee we choose to impose. We may change the applicable fee for the conversion of cryptocurrency using Payfoot at any time
If a fee will apply to a conversion, we will inform you of the current applicable fees before you initiate any conversion of cryptocurrency using our Payfoot. Such fees will automatically be deducted from your wallet during the conversion process. You may avoid incurring fees by refraining from initiating a conversion of cryptocurrency using our Payfoot.
The Ethereum network, the POA network, and any other blockchain network involved in our conversion of cryptocurrency may independently charge a transaction fee for transactions involving Payfoot. We do not set or control any such fees, and we are not responsible for informing you of them.
5. User requirements
You represent and warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding, non-voidable contracts under any applicable law. If you are not legally capable of entering into binding, non-voidable contracts due to your age, your mental capacity, or any other reason under any applicable law, you may not access, use, or download our Payfoot.
You understand that Payfoot is designed for use by sophisticated individuals and entities. You represent that you are capable of understanding and appropriately weighing the risks and benefits offered by our Payfoot.
You understand that you are solely responsible for ensuring that your access, use, or download of our Payfoot complies with all laws and regulations that apply to you. You represent and warrant that you will use our Payfoot only in a manner that complies with all laws and regulations that apply to you.
You understand – and accept sole responsibility for – the risk that your ability to access, use, or download Payfoot in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations could be impacted at any time by regulatory or legal inquiries, actions, or investigations in one or more jurisdictions.
You understand – and accept sole responsibility for – the security risks associated with using our Payfoot.
1. You understand that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you access our Payfoot using a well-secured computer and network connection. You solely bear the risks associated with any security vulnerabilities associated with your computer and your network.
2. You understand that hackers and other criminals routinely target cryptocurrency users. You understand that your use of our Payfoot may result in targeting by hackers and other criminals. You will take appropriate care to avoid transferring cryptocurrency to a hacker or other criminal who is engaging in spoofing, phishing, or other fraudulent schemes.
3. While we take security very seriously, we do not guarantee that our Payfoot is secure or invulnerable to cyberattack. You agree to assume all risk associated with cybersecurity vulnerabilities related to your use of Payfoot, regardless of whether the cybersecurity vulnerability arose from our software code, a network-layer vulnerability, or any other source.
4. You agree not to take any action that will bypass or breach any security measures we take to protect our Payfoot, other Payfoot users, our networks, or our property.
6. Warranties and disclaimers
OUR Payfoot IS OFFERED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. Other than as is expressly set out in these Terms of Service, we do not make any specific promises about our Payfoot. For example, we do not make any promises about the availability or reliability of our Payfoot, the specific functions of our Payfoot, the timing of transactions using the Payfoot, the ability of the Payfoot to meet your needs, our continued support for our Payfoot, or the error-free operation of our Payfoot.
We may suspend, modify, or terminate our Payfoot at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not represent that our Payfoot or any of its features will be continually, consistently, or reliably available or uninterrupted. During any period of time when our Payfoot is not operational, you may be unable to convert cryptocurrency. You solely assume this risk.
You understand that our Payfoot may not operate as intended. USE OF OUR Payfoot IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
For the avoidance of doubt, you are solely responsible for ensuring proper configuration of the user interface app component of our Payfoot.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, including but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, omissions, completeness, currentness, and delays.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless (including our officers, our agents, and our employees) from any claim, suit, or action arising from or related to your use of our Payfoot or violation of these Terms and Conditions. This includes but is not limited to any claim, suit, or action arising from or related to:
1. Your use of our Payfoot in a way that violates any applicable law
2. Losses resulting from the non-availability of our Payfoot
3. Alleged security deficiencies that result in loss of cryptocurrency
4. Software errors that result in imperfect conversion of cryptocurrency
5. Theft of cryptocurrency by a hacker
Indemnification shall include but not be limited to any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs, and attorneys’ fees.
8. Binding arbitration
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service or the breach thereof (including the suitability of a dispute for arbitration) shall be determined by arbitration administered by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution in accordance with the International Arbitration Rules(Français | Le Centre International de Résolution des Différends(icdr.org) or under French Law . Arbitration shall proceed on an individual basis. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO BRING ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE IN COURT, AND THAT YOU ARE WAIVING ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OR REPRESENTATIVE OF A CLASS IN ARBITRATION.
9. Limitation of liability and waiver of claims
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU WAIVE ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE THAT ARE CAUSED BY CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU WAIVE ALL CLAIMS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY OF OUR CONDUCT ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE THAT IS ALLEGEDLY NEGLIGENT OR RECKLESS.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOUR MAXIMUM RECOVERY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY LEGALLY COGNIZABLE CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST US ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU HAVE PAID US FOR THE CONVERSION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO SEEK ANY INJUNCTIVE RELIEF FROM US IN ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU IN ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OUR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA; UNFORESEEABLE DAMAGES; OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
We may modify these Terms of Service at any time by posting a revised version on our website or within our app. Your continued use of our Payfoot after any modification to these Terms of Service constitutes your agreement to be bound by such modifications, regardless of whether you have received actual notice of the modification.
11. Choice of law
These Terms of Service and all matters arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service – whether sounding in contract, tort, statute, regulation, or other source of law – are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of France.
If any term or provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction , since users may come globally , such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. The remaining terms shall be given the maximum effect possible.